Wheels Cookie Notice
Last updated as of:January 17, 2020.
Capitalized terms used in this Cookie Notice but not defined here will have the meanings given to them in ourPrivacy Notice.
If you do not accept the use of these cookies, please disable them following the instructions in this Cookie Notice, for instance by changing your browser settings so that cookies on the Services cannot be placed on your computer or mobile device.
What Are Cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer for record-keeping purposes. When you visit, access or use the Services, we may by means of cookies, beacons, tags, scripts, and/or similar technologies automatically collect technical information, including Device and Usage Information and other similar technical information.
A cookie can be classified by its lifespan and the domain to which it belongs.
By lifespan, a cookie is either a:
- Session cookie, which is erased when the user closes the browser; or
- Persistent cookie which remains on the user’s computer/device for a pre-defined period of time.
As for the domain to which it belongs, there are either:
- First-party cookies which are set by the web server of the visited page and share the same domain (in this case the wheels.co or takewheels.com domains); or
We use both session and persistent cookies, and enable first and third-party cookies. Wheels tracks users use of the Services, but does not track users across third party websites.
Some of the cookies or similar technologies that we used are “strictly necessary” in that they are essential to the Services we provide. This includes cookies that capture and store users’ preferences, account settings, and certain login information (mainly for convenience, user verification, and account security). Other cookies or similar technologies help us improve our services or measure audiences.
For our users in the EEA, please note that to the extent that your consent is required to allow cookies (except with respect to strictly necessary cookies), we will obtain your consent, which you may withdraw at any time.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are necessary for the Services to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you, which amount to a request for access to our Services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but if you do, some parts of the Services will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our Services. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors navigate the Services. Performance cookies are used to help us with our analytics, including to:
- Compile statistics and analytics about your use of and interaction with the Services, including details about how and where our Services are accessed, how often you visit or use the Services, the date and time of your visits, your actions on the Services, and other similar traffic, usage, and trend data (seeDevice and Usage Informationabove). These analytic tools allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile software on your device and gain insights about how mobile software is used in order to improve your experience;
- Gather important functionality, testing, and performance data about our Services, including performance data related to the Services, such as networking activity, CPU load, and resource usage, among other relevant data; and
- Moderate user behavior on the Services, such as protecting against payment fraud and other inappropriate activities.
We use third-party tools and technologies to help us gather this information. For instance, we use Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data with technologies such as tracking pixels. Google provides some additional privacy options describedherewith respect to Google Analytics cookies. To opt out from Google Analytics, you can download a plug-in by clickinghere.
In addition, for Consumers, we have configured Google Analytics to disable the sharing of personal information with other Google services.
Most web and mobile device browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. Some browser manufacturers provide comprehensive help relating to cookie management in their products. Please see your web browser provider’s settings for more information.
You can also learn more about cookies by visitingwww.allaboutcookies.org, which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browsers or mobile devices.
Please note, however, that by blocking or deleting all cookies used on the Services, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Services and you may not be able to properly log on to the Services.
Changes to this Cookie Notice
Wheels may update this Cookie Notice from time to time, at its sole discretion. If so, we will post an updated Cookie Notice within the Services. Changes, modifications, additions, or deletions will be effective immediately on their posting to the Services. We encourage you to review this Cookie Notice regularly for any changes. Your continued use of the Services and/or your continued provision of personal information to us after the posting of such notice will be subject to the terms of the then-current Privacy Notice and Cookie Notice. If you continue to use the Services you will be deemed to have accepted the change.