Helbiz Taxi is a smartphone-based taxi booking service integrated into the Helbiz app. This service allows Helbiz users to book an on-demand taxi, pay and rate the service all within the Helbiz app.
How does Helbiz Taxi work?
In order to use Helbiz Taxi, simply download the Helbiz app on your smartphone and create an account.
To request a ride:
- Check whether Helbiz Taxi is currently available in your city - if so, you will see a dedicated Taxi hub card inside your app
- Set up your pickup address.
- Select your drop-off address to see the estimated price range for your ride and order a ride!
- Enter your phone number so that your driver can reach you easily if needed and set up your desired payment method.
*At this time, we make a preauthorization of the charge on your payment method for the maximum estimated price and we do guarantee you that your ride won’t cost more than that. The actual payment is done once the ride is completed, and at that point the eventual cost difference is being settled and refunded back to the original payment method.
Keep in mind that we initiate the refund process 30 minutes after your ride is completed, but it may take up to 48 hours for your bank to reflect the release of the funds. Please reach out to your bank directly to understand the bank’s refund processing time.
- Wait for a driver to accept your ride.
- Meet your driver at the agreed place and enjoy your ride!
Once the ride is completed, you will receive the invoice at the email address associated with your Helbiz account.
Can I cancel my ride?
You can cancel your ride without fee only during searching state and before you are assigned a driver.
Your ride can be canceled in the arriving state as well, that is once you are assigned a driver, but please note that in this case a fee may apply.